Time to prepare: About an hour
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup corn starch
Salt and Pepper
3 tablespoons oil
2 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup lemon juice
1. Mix corn starch with salt and pepper.
2. Dip chicken breast in corn starch.
3. Heat oil in pan.
4. Add chicken to pan and brown about 2-3 minutes each side.
5. Set cooked chicken aside.
6. Add chicken stock to pan and deglaze*
7. Add lemon juice.
8. Return chicken to pan, cover and cook 10-15 minutes
What you should know:
*Deglazing removes caramelized bits (the "browned" bits) from the bottom of your pan or skillet after cooking meats or vegetables.
It is usually accomplished by putting stock, sauce, wine, or even water (or really any liquid) in the pan over heat after the pan has been emptied of whatever was cooked into it and any rendered fat and scraping the browned bits into that sauce with a spatula. The browned bits dissolve into your liquid to create an excellent sauce for whatever you just cooked in the pan..
Suggested Cooking Tools:
Large skillet with lid
Large mixing bowl