Time to prepare: About 90 minutes
2 cans of pie filling (cherry, apple, blueberry, peach, etc.)
1 cake mix
1 stick butter
1/4 cup brown sugar (Optional)
1. Prepare coals.
2. Line Dutch oven with foil.
3. Preheat the dutch oven with coal on the bottom.
4. Add about 1/8 of the stick of butter to grease the bottom of the oven.
5. Once melted, dump in both cans of pie filling, spreading it evenly across the bottom of the oven.
6. Pour the cake mix over the top, being careful of cover all of the pie filling.
7. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top the of cake mix. (Optional)
8. Finally, slice the remaining butter onto the top of the cake mix.
9. Cook the cobbler with about 6-8 coals on the bottom and 12-16 on the top.
10. In about an hour, the cobbler is ready to serve.
You should consider starting this at the same time you start preparing your dinner, if you want to eat it right after dinner. Otherwise, plan according to what time you want to eat dessert.
Suggested Cooking Tools: